Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, can the airdog raptor be mounted by tank? has anyone done this?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Not sure what you mean. Like inside the tank? I'd say no on that one. Its meant to be mounted on the frame rail right in front of the tank. Comes with a mounting bracket to be mounted there

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i meant on the frame by the tank like the ddrp frame kit that is available, i dont wanna mount in stock location, as i have already a pump mounted on frame by the tank with vulcan big line kit 1/2 lines and bracket.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ok I get ya now. Yah, the raptor is designed to mount on the frame rail in front of the tank, not on the side of the motor like the stock lift pump. Are you replacing the pump you have now or trying to run them together?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am gonna replace my current pump, which is a DDRP, it can maintain 15-17 psi, but drops fast with the comp., The big line kit from vulcan has nice 1/2 inch an fittings, looks like the raptor has snap on fittings, can the raptor use my existing fittings? Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I am gonna replace my current pump, which is a DDRP, it can maintain 15-17 psi, but drops fast with the comp., The big line kit from vulcan has nice 1/2 inch an fittings, looks like the raptor has snap on fittings, can the raptor use my existing fittings? Thanks for the response.
AHHHHHH.... I get yah now. Yes the raptor mounts on the frame in the same place as the ddrp. As far as the fittings go, the raptor kit comes with 1/2" or 3/8" line, a bracket and all the fittings. The fittings are push to connect style. I can snap a picture tomorrow if you'd like? Or make you a video? I have the big line kit from vulcan aswell, but it is only from the fuel filter canister to the vp. Looking back at it now I should've just bought two more fittings and used the extra 1/2" line I had left over from the raptor kit to make the big line kit. Owell.:doh:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, yes a vid or pics would be great thanks alot.

·
Registered
739 Posts
subscribed im interested as well

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Heres ome pictures of my raptor and the fittings. enjoy:thumbsup:

Reactions: eforbes

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks alot, i didnt get notice in email as usual that another post was made, did the pump come with the 1/2 push lock fittings, or quick connect, im thinking i want to stick with push lock fittings. looks as if the vulcan kit i have will work foward of pump, but inlet is 3/8 fitiing, i will need to order more i guess.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it.
No problem. Let me know if you need anything else. The raptor has been awesome for me. Never had any issues with it and install was simple!:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.