Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

AirDog or FASS????

1795 Views 24 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  FL-Inferno
Ok guys, i know its been up for debate before but im going to be seriously thinking about putting a NEW pump on my 06. Which one do yall like better? It will be a 150 with filters. Also already have a draw straw so thats taken care of. Tell me the pros and cons of both. Ive had FASS on my past two trucks and i liked them both. I like to be able to sit in my truck in a lot or something and listen to the radio and not have to listen to the pump run the whole time. Like my Eliminator does. So if it activates at the turn of the motor that is a big plus.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the AirDog that has the canister mod insted of the draw staw aint it?

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Thats the AirDog that has the canister mod insted of the draw staw aint it?
Yeah, but its more then that, it also has a adjustable fuel psi screw, bigger pump (165), only pumps the fuel thats demanded, etc...

· Registered
96 Posts
AD Raptor 150

· Registered
1,045 Posts
well I have ran 2 FASS 150s with no problems but after this ad150 30psi Ill never go back

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, but its more then that, it also has a adjustable fuel psi screw, bigger pump (165), only pumps the fuel thats demanded, etc...
Since the AirDogs mount on the inside of the frame, is the AirDog a quieter pump? And does the pump run all the time or just when you bump the motor over?

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Since the AirDogs mount on the inside of the frame, is the AirDog a quieter pump? And does the pump run all the time or just when you bump the motor over?
I mounted my dads on the outside for easier filter change and cause his is a qc shortbox and there was hardly any room inside the frame but you still cant hear it with the truck running, its even very quiet just keying the truck on, I would guess it shuts off cause you wire it into the oem harness but i'm not sure.

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Intresting. The FASS i had on my 02 wouldnt start pumping till you bumped the motor which was VERY NICE. My Eliminator runs all the time. Very annoying.

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Intresting. The FASS i had on my 02 wouldnt start pumping till you bumped the motor which was VERY NICE. My Eliminator runs all the time. Very annoying.
Yeah, I have a eliminator too, I just pull the fuse if the trucks going to be keyed awhile, other then that I love it.

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For some reason my pressure drops after i drive a while. I can leave work its at 11psi which is where i have it set, drive 50 miles and by time i get home its down to 7 psi

· Registered
1,964 Posts
I have the original AD and it runs whenever the key is in the 'on' position, but I think the AD II stops running after a couple of seconds like the stock LP.

· Registered
2,159 Posts
For some reason my pressure drops after i drive a while. I can leave work its at 11psi which is where i have it set, drive 50 miles and by time i get home its down to 7 psi
You ever talk to Shane about it?, my first one was very loud and eventually it went out, called Shane, sent it in, he went through it found some bad pieces and rebuilt the pump, got it back and its 10x quietier, i'm sure Shane will take care of you, it does have a lifetime waranty.

· Registered
18 Posts
air dog 150 I had a F.A.S.S on my 2000 it was a good pump but noisy and expensive I have the ad 150 on my 05 and love it + $200 cheaper

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You ever talk to Shane about it?, my first one was very loud and eventually it went out, called Shane, sent it in, he went through it found some bad pieces and rebuilt the pump, got it back and its 10x quietier, i'm sure Shane will take care of you, it does have a lifetime waranty.

No i havent talked to him. I had to get it rebuilt this last winter due to it burning up on me. Took 3 weeks to get back. Thank god i had another truck to drive. Now i dont have another truck so i cant be down for that long.

· Registered
46 Posts
I don't know how accurate this is, but I was told the the owner of Fass was the son of the owner of Air Dog and the Air Dog stuff was the way to go. But again I haven't confirmed. I did get the Airdog Raptor 150 and it rocks.

2,204 Posts
I don't know how accurate this is, but I was told the the owner of Fass was the son of the owner of Air Dog and the Air Dog stuff was the way to go. But again I haven't confirmed. I did get the Airdog Raptor 150 and it rocks.
That is true. The owner of airdog is the father. They used to run FASS together. The Airdog is definitely the way to go. I have used the FASS and after two burnt up motors, I wont go back there.

· Banned
5,760 Posts
Filter guru's on this site say neither filters or removes water as well as stock..... What's the point?

· Registered
46 Posts
I use the stock fuel bowl with an Airdog 150 for the lift pump. It keeps the volume and pressure up with my twin CP3's.

· Registered
2,196 Posts
both are good airdog is cheaper you might want to look at the mitusa mec lift pump made by opie it looks killer and i might go to it but i run a fass now so im dumping the money in other areas of the truck

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.