Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How are you doing this? Airdog installation question.

How are you mounting the Airdog on the shortbeds? Theres not enough room for the inside rail mount on my shortbed. I didn't want to re-invent the mounting bracket so how are you guys with the shortbeds doing this? :help

·
Registered
72 Posts
I thought the Airdog had the whole deal figured out.... Are there really issues with the mounting?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a different bracket that gets used with the shortbeds?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have an AirDog 150 and it fits on my 2001 5 speed short bed. The only thing i can think of is if the nv5600 is longer. What problems are you having?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The space needed between the transfer case and the fuel tank is not wide enough to bolt the mounting bracket to the frame.Am I missing something?:RANTIN:

·
Registered
314 Posts
should go just in front of the fuel tank. i got a 2wd and its very close to the yoke on the tranny with the fitting installed

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is only 2 1/2 inches from the front of my tank to the transfer case. The Airdog unit itself is 3 inches wide and the bracket that it mounts in makes it even wider. Is there a different bracket used with the shortbeds and the NV5600 transmission? I can't possible be the only one that put an Airdog on a shortbed 4x4 with the six speed tranny:confused:

·
Registered
314 Posts
there is a tech support # in the paper work . i heard there really good and helpful and can call them anytime. im sure they can help you. good luck:thumbsup

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I will call Airdog on Mon. In the meantime-All you tranny guru's I guess I'm curious now......Is the NV5600 longer than the NV4500 and if so, how much?:beer

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
I will call Airdog on Mon. In the meantime-All you tranny guru's I guess I'm curious now......Is the NV5600 longer than the NV4500 and if so, how much?:beer
Yes the NV5600 is longer. I know it is roughly 6'' longer then an Auto, not sure exactly on the 4500.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope you get this figured out quickly, my airdog should arrive this week and I too have a short bed 4x4 nv5600.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got my airdog in, nope, doesnt fit at all. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Just got my airdog in, nope, doesnt fit at all. Any suggestions?
Give us a call and we will send you the other bracket for the unit. On an ext. cab short bed with and nv5600 there is no space on the inside the frame mount for the unit. We have another bracket that you may mount in optional places for your application. This bracket is free as long as your original is sent back within 3 weeks.

Anthony
Pureflow Technologies Inc.
Tech Support/High Performance Division

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had to mount my bracket on the outside of the frame. My truck is a reg. cab but it has the NV5600 and the big fuel tank. It worked out pretty nice that way

·
Registered
47 Posts
Called this morning, got a new bracket coming. Excellent customer service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts