Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everything is hooked up as far i know, i gave the key a quick turn to let the pump prime and im not seeing any fuel come out of the line i left bit loose on the vp44?? What should i do, i didnt know if its bad to try and start it or what

·
Registered
609 Posts
you are going to have to turn the key many times to get the pump to prime....especially if you had to install the draw straw.....wait about 20secs between key turns...or just bump the starter...the pump will run for approx 20sec..it will prime just give it a little time..you'll notice a huge change in pump sound when it finally primes....leave the b-nut loose on the vp...and you will get fuel spraying out in no time. or try filing the water separator filter (if you got the fuel/air/water filters) with diesel...might make it go faster...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how many time do you guys prime iv primed it like 10 times

·
Registered
609 Posts
hmmm..is the know on the water filter tight?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I mean knob...sorry typo

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
you can try bleeding the system by leaving the key in the ACC. position and losten up the vp44 connection till fuel comes out. If that doesn't work you can always call Pureflow for help.

·
Registered
609 Posts
other than that...sounds like you are getting air from somewhere...on the suction side..

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
do you have an AD100 or 150?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts