Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an airdog 150, i was wondering if it were possible to install it in the engine compartment. i know the ideal place is as close to the tank as possible, but will it cause damage if its under the hood?

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
I have to ask...WHY?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I know I saw where someone installed a FASS in the bed.....but never heard of one in the engine compartment.

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
defiantly don't want it in the bed, i don't want to have to crawl under the truck to drain the water or really even change the filters, trucks 2wd, the place where i get fuel has a dirt driveway, and so does my apartment, if it wouldn't cause any issues mounted where the stock filter and pump were, thats where id rather have it, if it will, then obviously id mount it under the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
it is designed to be mounted underneath. besides there isnt really any good locations under the hood for it. they mount up right above the transfer case shield on 4x4's. there is no real worry about anything hitting it.

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mines 2wd, wide open to everything, mostly worried about salt and sand. if i were going to mount it under the hood, id put it where the stock filter housing and lift pump are.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the same question because I have a 2wd short bed and the tank about touches the rear axle and goes all the way to the tranny crossmember about 8" shy so I am very limited..

the only place I can think of is on the outside of the frame rail behind the gas door but then it is going to see alot of road grime from the rear tire and even then it is going to be a to mount

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going to attempt to mount it under the hood, with a 1/2" line to the tank, i dont think it will cause too much of an issue stressing the pump, ill check what its putting out for pressure when its in the engine bay and let you know.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
im going to attempt to mount it under the hood, with a 1/2" line to the tank, i dont think it will cause too much of an issue stressing the pump, ill check what its putting out for pressure when its in the engine bay and let you know.
My opinion, go for it. If it works out just fine for you, then all the nay sayers can come up with other reasons that you shouldn't have done that. :thumbsup

·
Registered
72 Posts
when are you going to install it so we can see how it does I am very interested...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts