Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a major (to me any ways) problem right now with my airdog II pump... See this morning I turn my key on the truck and I don't hear the airdog running... well the truck runs fine... so I drive 30 minutes to work no problems... today at lunch I decide to do my checking and find that the inline fuse is blown (20 amp fuse) So I have a spare 25 amp fuse I stick in and off I go... drive around and get back to work (truck still running fine) and the fuse is blown again :confused013:

1. How in the heck is my 1998 12 valve still running "fine" with no fuel pump?

2. What is causing the fuse to blow?

My POS glowshift gauge is pinned at 32 psi (max it will go) and I know it is blown or something... I have a set of IssPro on order that big brown just hasn't delivered yet :banghead: So I have no way of knowing if/what fuel pressure I have...

If she makes it home I am going to dig in and see what I can find... but I am hoping that someone can give me some ideas before I start my wild goose chase..

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
You might try calling Anthony at Airdog, he can get you going in the right direction.

Good choice on gauges ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I have a major (to me any ways) problem right now with my airdog II pump... See this morning I turn my key on the truck and I don't hear the airdog running... well the truck runs fine... so I drive 30 minutes to work no problems... today at lunch I decide to do my checking and find that the inline fuse is blown (20 amp fuse) So I have a spare 25 amp fuse I stick in and off I go... drive around and get back to work (truck still running fine) and the fuse is blown again :confused013:

1. How in the heck is my 1998 12 valve still running "fine" with no fuel pump?

2. What is causing the fuse to blow?

My POS glowshift gauge is pinned at 32 psi (max it will go) and I know it is blown or something... I have a set of IssPro on order that big brown just hasn't delivered yet :banghead: So I have no way of knowing if/what fuel pressure I have...

If she makes it home I am going to dig in and see what I can find... but I am hoping that someone can give me some ideas before I start my wild goose chase..
Goes to show you what reading the web does for you when trying to figure out what psi is needed to the injection pump. Hint ITS NOT 50-70 PSI!! 25-30 is fine. They run on much less. Anyhow, to the problem.
Give me a call at the office. 317-421-3180. Need to have you check a couple things. Hopefully we can fix it up. Otherwise that lifetime warranty is going to come in handy!:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts