Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed an airdog 150 lastnight, great kit..i have a smarty with TNT set on level 3 default timing and rail pressure, afe mega cannon, dual turbo back exhaust and SB DD 3600..when i am in 3rd gear and put the pedal 2 the floor, it sputters still..so i back off and grab 4th and try again, no sputter all the way thru 6th, only 3rd does it sputter when i smash it, no i dont have gauges can anyone straighten me out or point me in the right direction? early 04 by the way..:CRY: HELP!

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
Does it feel or seem like sputtering or could it possibly be the clutch giving way? (most likely not, but anything could happen)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a sputter, it sounds like it would be hitting off the rev limiter, but at 2k, just in 3rd tho..

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Probably draining the rail.....dunno but thats what it kinda sounds like. Does it "POP" when it does this???

·
Registered
264 Posts
okay let me cover the basics? did you install the draw straw? if so where did you mount it on the tank in the middle? towards the back? next question if you didnt install the straw how much fuel do you have in your tank? cause if you didnt install it and your sucking it through the basket and you have under a 3\4 a tank of fuel its gonna drain the basket their for lacking it fuel..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the draw straw is about 6" or so towards the front of the stock pump..i know gauges will do it, in the process of saving $$..could it possibly be injectors? but if i'm draining the rail then the cp3 needs modded correct? :CRY:

·
Registered
264 Posts
hmm how much fuel do you have in the tank??

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
half a tank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts