Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Just wanted you all to know that i am now set up as a direct dealer for the Airdog performance fuel pumps.
PureFlow Technologies
i have some smoking New Years deals on them. Let me know if i can answer any questions or get you set up with one. These pumps rock just do a search for them on the forum and read what others have to say!!
Happy New year

John:beer

·
Registered
172 Posts
Can the Filters be crossed over to something else? I really would hate to have to order and wait for filters when I wanted to do a change.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Can you get me a 3 micron filter for my airdog and how much???

·
Registered
283 Posts
For the pumps by themselves, no filters, would i use that with my stock lift pump or use it as a replacement? what is all involved in that process? how hards? thanks for any info. would like to get somp.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the pumps by themselves, no filters, would i use that with my stock lift pump or use it as a replacement? what is all involved in that process? how hards? thanks for any info. would like to get somp.
Use it as a replacement for the stocker. they are easy to mount and all necessary parts are included. Fuel line fittings and wiring harness. and complete instructions. And you can always call me for assitance:beer

John:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Can the Filters be crossed over to something else? I really would hate to have to order and wait for filters when I wanted to do a change.
Yes the fleetguard # is FF5613. the water separator will only need to be cleaned out and never replaced unless it gets damaged

At 16.99 for the fuel filter you may want to order up a few and have them on hand

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think i'll be gettin one of those pumps shortly. are there any gains from doing the pump by itself other than the added security of knowing my vp is getting the fuel that it needs? I know the airdog is supposed to take air out and filter better, but i didn't know anything about the pump alone

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think i'll be gettin one of those pumps shortly. are there any gains from doing the pump by itself other than the added security of knowing my vp is getting the fuel that it needs? I know the airdog is supposed to take air out and filter better, but i didn't know anything about the pump alone
The pump alone is a good choice to replace the unreliable OEM pumps. it will let the vp44 live longer but for the best of the best the airdog full system is the way to go. the air in the lines can take away from the lubrication of the vp44 internals that rely strictly on fuel for lubricity. air cavitation will eventually cause vp44 failure do to lack of lubrication. So to sum it up the pump alone is awesome compared to the stocker but the next level of performance is the system. you will also get better fuel atomization due to no air in the fuel. let me know what you decide and i can get you what you need.

you can also read more about this on there web site that is linked in my first post

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
way to pick these up!!! somebody has their head on straight!! :thumbsup

·
Registered
250 Posts
what's the price ,PM me. What kind of warranty do they have. I was thinking about getting a FASS and I know there are many opinions about different systems but aren't they all comparable?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could you please pm me the price for the system.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what's the price ,PM me. What kind of warranty do they have. I was thinking about getting a FASS and I know there are many opinions about different systems but aren't they all comparable?
PM sent. the warranty is 6 years. The pumps themselves are the same but that is were it ends. The mounting is much simpler no drilling. the pump is lighter in weight so it is easier to do by yourself. and the big one is the air removal system is far more efficient then the competition. and you can not beat the price:woot:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Check various forums and website lots of info out there from guys with airdogs. I'm putting an AD100 on it's good for up to 550ish hp. I figure I'll never go much more than the 400/450 range. Aside from the air/water seperation one thing I like about the 100 is you don't have to drop the fuel tank to install it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
These airdog's filter down to 2 microns not 3 as stated on the website. On another forum from Charlie at pureflow technologies:

Spooler, I developed the Fuel Preporator spin-on wire screen water separator for the class 8 truck system. Fleetguard the WS-200 for our class 8 Preporator and also the AirDog water separator. The 100 micron screen protects the gearotor pump from jamming by large particulates while allowing the fuel to flow with virtually no restriction. By the way, Fleetguard's crossover number for the Fuel Preporator water separator for the big trucks is model no. FS-1023. You probably see that in use on other products.

A very important point, I was talking with Fleetguard about our AirDog 3 micron filters. Having the filters marked 3 micron was a mistake on our part. Our Fleetguard rep told us that they should have been marked 2 micron, as that is what our AirDog StrataPore media filters are rated! Our filters will state that in the future.

Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
106 Posts
i would like to get a price for my 05 if ya dont mind.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
System works AWESOME!!! I gained 2.6mpg in under 75 miles and its sill goin up!!!:hyper: Check out my install thread.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts