Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on the airdog 165 and fuel pressure still drops to 0 and have 1/4 tank problems.I dont no what to do

·
Registered
819 Posts
Are you using a draw straw? What pump did you have before? Might be the factory wiring.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a glacier walbro 392 fuel system,ya its like a draw straw

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yeah if your drawstraw is messed up its not going to change anything with a different pump. On the 0 fuel pressure issue. Could it be the wiring to the ecm is messed up or the ecm itself? Or it could very well be your fuel pressure gauge itself. What kind of gauge do you have and how is it hooked up. Sorry if this has already been discussed in a previous post, but this is the first ive heard of your issue so im in the blind here. It may help to post this in the thread you already have started if in fact you do have a previous thread on your issues.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was having problems with 0 fuel pressure at 1/2 throttle,now i have 0 fuel pressure wide open.My truck didnt want to start at a half tank,now it dont want to start at 1/4 tank.Fuel pressure guage is a D pricol gauge,its tapped in at the vp with a neddle valve.I dont think its the gauge cause it starts to lope when it does it.Everything in the tank module is new or removed

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I was having problems with 0 fuel pressure at 1/2 throttle,now i have 0 fuel pressure wide open.My truck didnt want to start at a half tank,now it dont want to start at 1/4 tank.Fuel pressure guage is a D pricol gauge,its tapped in at the vp with a neddle valve.I dont think its the gauge cause it starts to lope when it does it.Everything in the tank module is new or removed
did you cut an angle on the bottom of your drawstraw? are you sure you cut it at the right length?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you have the proper draw straw? it's not getting fuel meaning that the straw isn't going low enough into the tank.. did you have the dealer installed lift pump in the tank initially? or was it on the block?

·
Registered
819 Posts
This is exactly why I ditched the draw straw and installed a sump!

·
Registered
2014 Ram 2500 CC SB 68RFE
201 Posts
I sumped mine too. But I think that it may be yur straw as well....maybe it shifted and is sucking against the bottm of the collection basket that or losing voltage to the pump????:confused013:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats a sump

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was already cut at a angle,and i drilled holes in the tank module

·
Registered
2014 Ram 2500 CC SB 68RFE
201 Posts
www.hellmannperformance.com............that's where I got mine when they first came out. You might want to request a quote in the in the sponsors marketplace section as I'm sure some of the great sponsors on here carry them now and will hook u up with a fair price if your interested :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
www.hellmannperformance.com............that's where I got mine when they first came out. You might want to request a quote in the in the sponsors marketplace section as I'm sure some of the great sponsors on here carry them now and will hook u up with a fair price if your interested :thumbsup:
looks easy enough to make one.. pretty nice looking parts on that site though.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would hate to spend the time and money on that and it not fix it.It should fix the 1/4 tank issue,but i still dont no what to do on my fuel perssure droppong to 0 wide open in 4th gear

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Did u ever figure out what the fuel issue was??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts