Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Alberta Northern VP
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the airdog 150 on friday night, it seemed to be running fine till sunday night, now the truck just starts and dies like 1min into the idel. Any thoughts onto what it can be? Do i have to pull my stock finter after this install?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to intsall mine on Friday and it didn't work as well.If i run a hot wire and ground from the battery it works but when pluged in to the 2 prong plug on the bottom of the filter it doesn't turn on.

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts
did you prime the system after installing it, sounds like your pulling air somewhere, look for leaks, check for consistant power on the plug, bad fuse? it could be something very simple... but very overlooked...:thumbsup

·
Registered
264 Posts
what are your guys fuel levels right now in the thank? did you install the draw straw???

·
Alberta Northern VP
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish i put in a fuel gauge too tell u, i had to plug mine into a 15amp fuse for it too run even after i pluged both neg and pos onto the altanator. the only thing i didnt do while following the instructions was bypass the stock finter contanor... Is that a "MUST" and if it is how do i go about doing in.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You just run the new fuel line into the back of the CP3 where it usually would from the fuel canister. You should bypass it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Redrider,
The two prong on the bottom of the filter is the water in fuel sensor and the top connector is the fuel filter heater feed, I believe.

When I installed mine I used a fuse in the main fuse box (I think number ten but could be remembering wrong) as a feed to the relay when key "on". I tapped into battery power for the pump using the large terminal at the fuse box and a chassis ground nearby.

I fed the Air Dog output directly into the CP3 as Compcowboy suggested, removed the discharge from the stock filter (and the filter itself) and plugged/capped its output. I figured that this way the returns from the CP3, the Fuel Rail relief valve, and the normal return loop all tie together, maintain the stock housing full of fuel, with all of the excess fuel going back thru the filter return line. I believe I'll also get some heat into the fuel from the filter heater in the winter.

Hope this helps.
Bill

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If you cant figure it out feel free to give Toby a call at AirDog he is a very help full guy and knows the products in & out # is 573-694-8833 I hope this helps out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts