Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it says that its set at 15psi from the factory but is it adjustable and how much is it supposed to be to the cp3? Do I have to buy a gauge and tap the line to find out how much I have?

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
the only way to adjust it is to replace the return spring (in the tank return line) the way it regulates pressure is the amount of head resistance in the return side. so if you kink the return line, your pressure will go sky high (and probably kill the AD pump) but just so you know how it works. there is a little check ball with a spring in that return line. more spring pressure on the ball = more fuel supply pressure. pureflow sells different springs to achieve different pressures.

not positive on correct pressure to the cp3 but 15 should be great.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
the only way to adjust it is to replace the return spring (in the tank return line) the way it regulates pressure is the amount of head resistance in the return side. so if you kink the return line, your pressure will go sky high (and probably kill the AD pump) but just so you know how it works. there is a little check ball with a spring in that return line. more spring pressure on the ball = more fuel supply pressure. pureflow sells different springs to achieve different pressures.

not positive on correct pressure to the cp3 but 15 should be great.
my gauge says 15psi aswell never had any issues:thumbsup:

·
Horse Power JUNKIE
1,693 Posts
My AD150 puts out 17-19 at idle and doesn't go below 15 on most setting, with box on kill it will go down to 13psi.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
I must have gotten the 30 psi spring.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
My AD150 puts out 17-19 at idle and doesn't go below 15 on most setting, with box on kill it will go down to 13psi.
mines like yurs ,,i looked today ,is this good

·
MOD-A-HAULIC
1,264 Posts
Take the return line out and put in a few washers the same size as the spring. It will shim the pressure. Put the shims on the NON ball side of the return. Not right against the ball. I shimmed my last truck to 25psi. With help from the owner of Air-dog / Pureflow Tech.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mine stays on 22 psi almost all the time. Never seen it below 18, and it's a little noisy. Sometimes, when idling, I can hear the pump and it makes a kind of whining pulsing sound. Anybody else hear this pulsing noise with their pump?

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Mine stays on 22 psi almost all the time. Never seen it below 18, and it's a little noisy. Sometimes, when idling, I can hear the pump and it makes a kind of whining pulsing sound. Anybody else hear this pulsing noise with their pump?

i know my fass is the loudest thing in the world... im swapping out for an airdog next week

·
Registered
520 Posts
i know my fass is the loudest thing in the world... im swapping out for an airdog next week
The overall noise level is tolerable; really I can just barely hear it, but it does this weird pulsing that people comment on and is distracting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts