Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I cycle the key and the pump comes on the 20 amp fuse will blow after about 15 seconds. I did not have time to chase down all of the wiring tonight.
Thought some of ya'll may have read about this problem and would have suggestions. Pump was installed in 2010nd has 77k miles on it.
Many Thanks

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Probably time for a warranty job on the pump. One thing to watch out for that happened to me, they sent me a new motor (I wasn't original owner so out of pocket) and the stupid thing wouldn't work. Motor would run but no suction at all. Come to find out they changed the bases so I then had to buy a whole new base :banghead:

I don't know exactly when mine was put on but around the same time as yours.

Reactions: riverrat41

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I talked to josh a couple weeks ago. My ad100 was popping its fuse and be sent me another one right away on two day shipping...

New one is crazy quiet compared to my last grindy one from 2011

Jake

·
Registered
254 Posts
Popping fuses is how mine started to die, ended up being a bearing inside the pump seized up. I got a whopping 22k miles out of that pump.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got off the phone with Josh.He says the motor is bad and will be sending me another motor.Bad thing is I wrote down the numbers on the motor and he needs the numbers from the filter base.:doh:
The pump has 85k on it.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
That's a good point, why are the air dogs a replacement unit while it appears the fass can be rebuilt? If it's still under warranty than whatever but in my case I would have been good with a rebuild. Air dog hasn't impressed me much lately.

·
Registered
629 Posts
my air dog 100 took a crap.. started cutting in and out and making the truck surge and buck.. Put in a FASS 150 and haven't looked back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.