Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be installing an Airdog 100 on my truck this week. I was wandering if anyone would change where they mounted theres or any possible heads up on the installation ?

Thanks !!!

· Registered
184 Posts
The highest place you find and have room. All truck models are different. I had to do a little fabricating with a cut-off tool. Needed more room at the top. I spent 30 min under truck looking for the best place. get the conections tight or you will have leaks, I had 3 but was easy fix. Use many zip ties to secure hoses and wires. Heat hose ends. It was near impossible to push them on the connections.

Reactions: MKoch

· Registered
851 Posts
Be prepared for a fight with the old fuel fitting on top of the fuel tank, this was the hardest part of the install for me. What I found that worked was a pair of needle nose pliers (I used my leatherman) to squeeze the two tabs, push in on the fitting, squeeze the tabs and then jerk back quickly; repeat until it breaks free. And check this thread out, it might give you some ideas as to how other have mounted their Airdog's: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/210111-calling-all-qc-sbs-airdogs.html. Good luck with your install :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,795 Posts
My biggest fight was the stock fitting on top of the tank. Man that was a nightmare. The leatherman trick listed above is what finally broke it loose for me.

I had zero issues mounting it on my longbed, but i can see how it would be a nightmare for shortbed guys.

· Registered
532 Posts
i know they make a tool for the quick disconnect fitting ontop of the tank, they look just like pliers but are fitted and they work great. but i dont know where they sell them i was lucky enough my buddy happen to have the tool while we installed mine. id really try looking around and finding one cuz it makes it a lot easier

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhhhh I knew there had to be a catch !!!! seems like everything i've worked on that's Chrysler always tries to pull a fast one when you lease expect it ..... Free range , thanks for that link and heads up..... I think i've seen those special pliers before... I ran into some funny fitting when I flushed my trany the first time...

· Registered
216 Posts
You can buy the fuel line quick disconnect at any part store like Autozone or Napa, but i get my at freight habor for 4 buck, they come with 4 diiferent fitting for fuel, AC line and trans cooler line

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.