Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok experts...my buddy's AirDog 100 quit running with the key turned forward...he now has to crank the motor in order for it to run...when he cranks and releases, it runs and he is able to wait few moments with the AD100 running to let it load the fuel...he swears the AD100 always used to run with key turned forward...what the deal?:confused013:...thanks!

· Registered
352 Posts
It should run for a couple seconds then shut off, just like the stock lift pump did. If he bumps the starter it will run longer but still shut off after like 30 sec.

Reactions: Aldogs Diesel

· Registered
894 Posts
if he has it wired to the stock wiringlike it sounds then this is normal. it comes on builds pressure and shuts off. if u hhave pressure when u turn on the key it won't start running, but if bump the starter it comes on and runs, builds, shuts off. its OK!:thumbsup:

Reactions: Aldogs Diesel

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is saying that it never runs initially to build the pressure...Any known cause for that?...I will have him check the fuse slot..thanks

· Registered
894 Posts
if it does not come on when u just turn on the key but it comes on when u bump the starter or start the truck,it just means it is seeing enough pressure which means his system is working properly. mine comes on sometimes,others only when i start the truck.if it runs at all,the fuse is good. im sure he is good to go!

· Registered
47 Posts
IM ACTUALLY HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM...I CHANGED MY STOCK LIFT PUMP BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WASNT WORKING PROPERLY,PUT THE AD150 IN AND SAME DEAL.TURNING THE KEY DOESNT EVEN MAKE A NOISE BUT BUMPIN THE ENGINE WILL MAKE THE PUMP RUN FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS..THEN START THE TRUCK AND IT DIES AFTER 10 SECONDS LIKE ITS NOT GETTIN FUEL:confused013:
I KNOW HOW HE FEELS..TONIGHTS THE SECOND NIGHT I HAD TO GET TOWED

· Registered
894 Posts
IM ACTUALLY HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM...I CHANGED MY STOCK LIFT PUMP BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WASNT WORKING PROPERLY,PUT THE AD150 IN AND SAME DEAL.TURNING THE KEY DOESNT EVEN MAKE A NOISE BUT BUMPIN THE ENGINE WILL MAKE THE PUMP RUN FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS..THEN START THE TRUCK AND IT DIES AFTER 10 SECONDS LIKE ITS NOT GETTIN FUEL:confused013:
I KNOW HOW HE FEELS..TONIGHTS THE SECOND NIGHT I HAD TO GET TOWED
well ive been refering to the04.5 up trucks that r wired to the stock harness. since u have an 01 i do not know if it is wired the same therfore we u may have an issue. sinse it dies there is some issue for sure. time to call A/D cust. svc they will set u right.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
if he has it wired to the stock wiringlike it sounds then this is normal. it comes on builds pressure and shuts off. if u hhave pressure when u turn on the key it won't start running, but if bump the starter it comes on and runs, builds, shuts off. its OK!:thumbsup:
:agree2:

He's right, mine does the same thing wired to the factory pump wiring, turn the key, runs for a few seconds then shuts off.
If you don't like it run the trigger to a switched feed but there's no reason too as long as it pumps when the motor's running.

01, I'd check your wiring for a bad connection, or check the circuit you connected to, start with that..?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.