Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am starting to order some parts for the truck and right now I am stuck in trying to decide which one of the Airdog setups. I have read a little bit about them and have heard nothing but great things about them, and the price is pretty hard to beat. So my question is, would I be alright with just getting the 100 or should I go ahead and just get the 150? I have read the 150 is really not needed unless I am looking to push past the 550HP mark. Not saying that I never would like to but for the time being all I plan on adding is some 90HP injectors, stage 2 CP3, 5" exhaust and a Smarty Sr. I dont plan on upgrading the turbo yet unless it is absolutely necessary. I am trying to stick with more of a reliable daily driver that still has alot of good power. Eventually the bug might get me and a bigger turbo might be added but for now I dont want to touch those waters unless absolutely needed.

So what do you guys recommend? Should I just stick with the 100 or should I just go ahead and get the 150 and be set for the future if I decide to go further into it.

Thanks!
Kyle

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Hey guys I am starting to order some parts for the truck and right now I am stuck in trying to decide which one of the Airdog setups. I have read a little bit about them and have heard nothing but great things about them, and the price is pretty hard to beat. So my question is, would I be alright with just getting the 100 or should I go ahead and just get the 150? I have read the 150 is really not needed unless I am looking to push past the 550HP mark. Not saying that I never would like to but for the time being all I plan on adding is some 90HP injectors, stage 2 CP3, 5" exhaust and a Smarty Sr. I dont plan on upgrading the turbo yet unless it is absolutely necessary. I am trying to stick with more of a reliable daily driver that still has alot of good power. Eventually the bug might get me and a bigger turbo might be added but for now I dont want to touch those waters unless absolutely needed.

So what do you guys recommend? Should I just stick with the 100 or should I just go ahead and get the 150 and be set for the future if I decide to go further into it.

Thanks!
Kyle
with all your future plans i would go with with the 150, just do it once and be done.... if you do everything you plan a new turbo will be a must :peelout

·
Registered
242 Posts
do the 150, you will have to raise the bed or drop the tank, I've done both more than once and I think dropping the tank is much easier, although some will disagree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts