Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Ram 3500 I6, H/O, Aisin Transmission, 4x4 Dually, Crew Cab Long Bed.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What airbags do folks recommend for a 3500?

If you able to provide a link to what your referring to, it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking to potentially level out or attempt to have the truck have a smoother ride when hitched up to our RV.

Is there a specific airbag setup I should go with based on GVWR?

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
Reactions: Repins 3

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,678 Posts

I am very pleased with this set up I have on my 3500. Handles my 2800pin weight really well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated question in OP.

Respectfully
Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m going to order the Airift 5000 bags. They’re the only bag that has an internal bump stop (jounce bumper). Since the bags generally take the place of the factory bump stop, you’re not supposed to run them with zero air pressure. So when you’re empty it’s killing your ride quality. The Airlift 5000 solves that with that internal bumper. You can run them at 0 so it shouldn’t effect the empty ride quality at all.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 2500 Midnight
24 Posts
I had airlifts in my last 2010 3500. 10 yrs, no issues. Hauled the camper half the year, nothing the other half. Northern Canadian winters in between. I've found its the prep and install that is the main factor in success.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Respectfully
Chris

This is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Respectfully
Chris

H I Chris , i also run the airlift but 5000 , not so much load and a little less expensive than the 7500 ( which are nice too) and i use their wireless on board air single path ,what ever your preference , the little box compressor seems to handle corrosion a little better under the truck installation, my loads change all the time construction trailer, in bed camper combo so it allows me to level everything out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts