Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't beleive that switch was ever an option except for the regular cabs. (In the 3rd gen) I was looking for that switch when we bought the truck we have now. The wife said something about makeing it so you won't put a child seat in the front if you have a Quad-Cab or Mega-Cab.

I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I do believe that you cannot by pass this option in your truck. Now a days they have a thing called the PPS (passenger presance system) there is a sensor in your passenger seat the detects if a adult, or child is sitting there, or no one at all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My 03 is a Quad. Cab The wire is there for the sw. but no sw. when I got it new. what did you pay for the sw on ebay

·
Banned
722 Posts
I think they regulated a law a few years back that all single cab vehicles have to have the switch inside. Quad cabs dont have that switch due to the back seat. Somebody correct me if im wrong cause im to tall to even sit in a regular cab as i havent seen this personally.

Or the sensor as posted above

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it's only for Reg cabs...I know why, just wondering if, witht he passenger seat sensor, it was even offered...

mikeshauling, thanks...guess I'll just try to find a wrecked reg cab. I've been told the dealer won't sell them, but am not sure.

·
4,669 Posts
too tall for a reg cab? Im 6'9" 380 lbs. and i fit good in my reg cab. I also have a hemi megacab, yes they have TONS of room,but if you look at the (pillar ? post) beside the drivers shoulder you will notice on the reg cab the pillar is back further than on the quad or megacab. I have more shoulder room in my reg. cab than i do in my mega( well my wifes megacab). The legroom is the same and so is the headroom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts