Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
hmmmmm.... interesting

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hahahaha. Unless you wind tunnel test for the proper placement of the tabs to direct the airflow, you are gaining nothing other than a lighter wallet. This is using the same theory as aircraft use. Vortex Generators. They reduce the vortices that come off of a fixed surface to reduce drag. I don't think there is a single gain since we are only talking 55-75 mph speeds on vehicles. Aircraft benefit from Vortex generators greatly, but we are talking 300+ knots air speeds.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahahaha. Unless you wind tunnel test for the proper placement of the tabs to direct the airflow, you are gaining nothing other than a lighter wallet. This is using the same theory as aircraft use. Vortex Generators. They reduce the vortices that come off of a fixed surface to reduce drag. I don't think there is a single gain since we are only talking 55-75 mph speeds on vehicles. Aircraft benefit from Vortex generators greatly, but we are talking 300+ knots air speeds.

That`s interesting. Somehow I got the impression that, since drafting a semi or bus works, that these things may have some merit.

Anyone have any first hand experience with them??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts