Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my fan switch for my air conditioning and heater only works on the highest level... not 1 2 3 just on level 4 ... is it a bad switch is that all that needs to be replaced? also my seat warmer on my driver side light blinks and in the manual it says that it needs serviced and it doesnt work.. is there an easier way to fix this then spending a lot of money at the shop? also sorry for all the questions but my signals and windshield wipers are screwing up and are going different directions then they are supposed to but they will for right if it push the stick a little forward... any ideas anyone have the same problem? sorry for all the questions.. thanks again :thumbsup

·
Registered
56 Posts
It might be the blower motor resistor. It happened to me last summer on my Z71 that I have since gotten rid of. The resistor on the Chevy is attached to the blower motor and was relatively cheap to replace (35.00 or something like that). The problem was that it had melted the factory connector which was on backorder at the time due to this problem and cost about 150. I bought the resistor at the dealer and went to a junk yard and cut the connector and about 8 inches of wires behind it. I wired it together with crimp connectors and it worked great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts