Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put twins on my 03 and im not sure what to do with the sensor that's can I bypass it? in the air tube right after the air box. I now have a 5in intake and no where to hook up that sensor. I think it is making my truck run rough. Is it this sensor? What should I do about it?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Leave it plugged in and let it just set some where it wont hurt nothing. You could drill a hole to mount it in ur current intake.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok good deal. Ill get it tonight. It just measures the temp right? It doesn't measure the volume of air?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Yea just temp the only issue is it needs air flow thru it to properly read the temp. Mine has a little filter on it screwed to the battery box. This is not effective at all haha. But keeps the code from piping up. I don't really know if the truck would run different with it hooked up correctly or not. Ill be doing a 2nd gen manifold swap soon and when I do im gonna weld up a new intake pipe with a mounting hole for that sensor just so its not just hanging there in my way haha.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I just got a 2nd9 gen manifold myself. Too bad my truck wont run right so I can tell the difference! Haha i can't believe this one sensor affects the whole way it runs!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
That's odd I didn't notice any change without the sensor installed correctly. Seems to run fine. But I might be sunrise when I hook it up correctly then too haha

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mines unplugged lol not hanging I just got these twins and when I traded my stock stuff I gave him mine and didn't check to see if he gave me his. Smh have u ever drove your truck with the sensor unplugged ?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
No never unplugged I don't want the CEL comming on haha. I imagine without it at all there could be issues. Stupid computer controlled crap haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts