Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a Firestone Ride Rite kit and Air Rite kit on last night. Wow I love it. I got the whole setup off Ebay used (cheap)...SWEET!!

I have a 50 Gal Aux tank and pull the camper so it was needing a little help.

My question is this. I have the compressor mounted under the cab by the frame rail but I am not sold on that location so I am curious where other people mounted it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I put mine under the rear driverside seat. I had to drill a couple of small holes in the floor board, other than that I like it. I don't have to worry about water and as much as I actually use it heat is no issue either. Installed my guage under my radio in a little cubby, you may not have the same dash on your 2000. Grounded compressoe to a bolt on the back seat and ran power to battery with inline fuse.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have mine mounted on the drivers side frame rail on the outside. Its up sort of behind the Mudflap/fenderwell. I have had no issues with it at all. The 1 gal tank is mounted right after it on the frame.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have mine mounted on the drivers side frame rail on the outside. Its up sort of behind the Mudflap/fenderwell. I have had no issues with it at all. The 1 gal tank is mounted right after it on the frame.
That is exactly where I put mine. Didn't look like there would be any problems. Glad to hear you havn't had any.

Brian:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts