Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a DPF delete, what did you do with the air injection lines before and after the DPF? I asked the people I bought my DPF delete kit from, and they didn't really give me an answer. So, I just plugged the rubber lines. I was wondering if this could be why I keep getting regens. Even after a computer and regen reset from the dealer this AM I continue to get regen after regen. I just tried unplugging those air injection lines. I haven't driven it in town yet, but I don't really expect any difference. If it fixes the problem, I will repost.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
On my truck and I think most people just remove the lines and I just tie wrapped mine out of the way . i didn't tape off the ends or nothing they are just hanging there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
same here didn't look very close when i did it was last of my concerns at that time but it looked like an old egr valve so i didn't even bother with it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Disconnected mine at valve on side of trans rubber and all removed from truck!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Disconnected mine and put vacume plugs on the sensor. By the way, their pressure lines.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I broke the first one off on accident so said screw and broke off the other side, figured I would need a new if something happened anyways

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I just disconected the tubes from the trany mounted sensor. What flash do you have? Who's kit do you have installed? I had a problem like you are describing and found it to be a bad connection to my fooler box. I had checked them at least three times before I finally found the problem. Maybe you will be as lucky as I was and find a bad wire.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Removed them altogether.

My experience with regens seems to point to only the EGT sensors being involved with the regens or at least they are only thing that needs to be "fooled" correctly to keep the regens and cat full codes away.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the AX flash. I had the lines plugged, but unplugged them today. No regens so far, but with limited driving. I hope that fixes it. I am on my second set of boxes from PDI, so connections and boxes have pretty much been eliminated. I will repost when I get more miles with the pressure lines unplugged.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Hopefully this finally corrects your issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Connect the two lines together with a piece of hose so there is NO CHANCE of there EVER being a pressure difference in the lines. I had mine open and hanging under the truck without ever having a problem UNTIL I hit slushy roads. The slush must have splashed into one of the lines and frozen.

All of a sudden I was going into regen with my 5" BADP turbo back system. I was amazed at how much smoke it made and how much fuel was running down the exhaust system. Connecting the lines together means there is 0% chance of ever having an "accidental" regen happen.

My 2 cents worth.

P.S. I don't know about the loss of millage that 1997chevy454 was talking about being related to the lines, they sense ONLY the pressure difference for the exhaust, not the atmospheric pressure that the computer uses for running the engine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know

when we plugged them on my buddies truck it started to get worse fuel mileage....by like 3 mpg! just something for you guys to think about:popcorn:
Have your buddy look to see if he inadvertently disconnected the atmospheric pressure sensor on the OUTSIDE of the frame rail. That is the only way his millage should have been effected by mousing around under there.

The DPF pressure lines are only used for triggering a DPF specific event as far as I understand it, and have nothing to do with the computer's look-up tables for fueling.

Please let us know what he finds.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
At Least leave the Module on there. I think when BADP has there code free kit out they might to T-Splice into that connector. I think it will just be for power and nothing else. So either it will T-splice or just plug directly to the plug from the truck. But we wont know until they release it. As the Code Free Beta kit i have i much different then the one that will be sold

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have only driven the truck 50 or so miles since unplugging the pressure lines, but so far so good with no regens. I hope that was the problem and it is now fixed.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
still no regens with lines unplugged. I am starting to feel pretty confident that was the problem. Thanks for everybody's help and suggestions.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Woot! Finally got it :thumbsup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts