Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so here is an iteresting one. my truck has been running fine, then all of a sudden one more it was acting like it was running out of fuel, sputtering ect. went and put diesel in and stilll the same problem. my truck has a seethrough fuel filter on the out side of my pump that i use for my conversion and i also have a raptor 150 pump on the truck. i noticed that when the truck was running the fuel was full of air bubbles whether it was running on vegetable oil or diesel but when the truck wasnt running it was clear fuel no air. i couldnt find any leaks to where air would be getting in the system but the only thing i can think of is air getting in the injection pump while running that then mixes with the fuel. im at a lose on this one.

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
its possible but could the pick up in the tank have a hole in it or something. if your seeing air at the see thru filter, the issue is between it and the pick up in the tank.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here are some vids of what i am talkin about it

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
top vid shows diesel with air
bottom vid first you see the supply to pump with no air then return with air in, once shut down no air, restart air

1 - 4 of 4 Posts