Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, would someone be so kind to clarify the differences between the different air intake options. I have a stock motor and want to increase efficiency. There seems to be several options (K&N, BHAF, and cold air) available. Whats the approx. cost and gain between them? I have done lots of reading, but don't see much in the way of numbers.

Thanks,
paul

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Look into Icebox MFG. On a Gen 2 truck we an average of 22 degrees cooler at the filter than any open filter system. The hp gain on a stock truck is an average of 11, the average in fuel mileage is 2.2 miles per gallon, also better throttle response lower egt's and a gain of 2lbs of boost. Plus your choice of filter and powder coating colors, and best of all it's made in the USA.:thumbsup

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just put a Napa 2790 on my truck and an outerwears pre filter, I make me a heat shield and I am into it a little over 75 dollars.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi, would someone be so kind to clarify the differences between the different air intake options. I have a stock motor and want to increase efficiency. There seems to be several options (K&N, BHAF, and cold air) available. Whats the approx. cost and gain between them? I have done lots of reading, but don't see much in the way of numbers.

Thanks,
paul
the napa filter i used for the bhaf seemed to give it a bit more power..certainly made the turbo sound more noticeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts