Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I opened the hood today and notice that little air filter status valve blew apart sometime recently. Not sure what its called - its that spring loaded doo-hickey that tells you how dirty the filter is. sits on top of the airbox lid. had a yellow button on the top that you can press to reset.

the yellow piece is MIA and the top of the valve (and air filter cap) is open to atmosphere. any one had this happen before?? :confused013:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi,
nobody had this happen?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
There is a spring under the yellow button. If the cap that holds everything together failed, it will shoot the internals out. I am sure it isn't common, this being the first post I have read about it, but they are brittle. I have broken one on a second gen while crawling under the hood and not paying attention.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
My yellow button fell off of mine. I'm sure it's just a cover though, but to be on the safe side i'm buying a new filter housing tomorrow that doesn't have the filter minder cause imo that filter minder is just an opportunity for an air leak.

·
Diesel Filled Veins!
5,376 Posts
My yellow button fell off of mine. I'm sure it's just a cover though, but to be on the safe side i'm buying a new filter housing tomorrow that doesn't have the filter minder cause imo that filter minder is just an opportunity for an air leak.
Just glue a plastic plug in there and save the money.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I ran a lot of equipment with filter minders and never saw a broken one. They must have cheapened them up a little too much :doh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.