Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i put in air dog fuel pump a while back and just got a pressure test gauge and have no idea where i can put it.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
What year is your truck?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99 then i got the air dog with the adjustable regulator

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
On top of the fuel filter canister there are two 1/8" ports. Pull the plug out, and thread in your gauge. If I remember correctly, you use the one toward the front.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man but that won't work the outlet hose ran from my air dog to my injector bump and bypassed the fuel canister

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
thanks man but that won't work the outlet hose ran from my air dog to my injector bump and bypassed the fuel canister
Didn't think about that. :doh:

There should be an 1/8" test port on your pump.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok is it on top or by the fuel lines

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
On top of the fuel filter canister there are two 1/8" ports. Pull the plug out, and thread in your gauge. If I remember correctly, you use the one toward the front.

Using Wills photo, if you look to the right of his set up, you see two 1/8" NPt plugs that seal up the test ports. You can stick you sensor fright in one of them plugs. The one closest to the line is post filter and the one furthest out is pre filter.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Using Wills photo, if you look to the right of his set up, you see two 1/8" NPt plugs that seal up the test ports. You can stick you sensor fright in one of them plugs. The one closest to the line is post filter and the one furthest out is pre filter.
That's what I was suggesting to him, but he deleted his filter canister since he has an AD.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is a 1/8" plug on top of the air dog where you should put the sending unit for your pressure gauge. It is right above the outlet port on the AD.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
That's what I was suggesting to him, but he deleted his filter canister since he has an AD.
My bad, I should have read it. I just looked at the picture and figured you were telling him about the T set-up.

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
For a snubber, it is best to use a 1/8" Needle valve. Home Page of Mopar1973Man has an article on it. Join & donate to help the most factual Cummins forum on the net. Also, if using ANY teflon tape, use the "Water oil & gas on the yellow roll, ad the diesel eventually will eat away the regular stuff.

Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts