Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm driving my truck around today when I realize that my FP is just hovering between 11-12 psi when crusing at about 40 mph (Edge is only set to lvl 1). Further investigation reveals that when I put the pedal to the floor, it drops way way low, like below 5 psi low. It's giving me the same readings and FP that it did BEFORE i put the air dog on. Now I had been having problems before with it as well. Right after install, it would sit at around 18 psi or so, then 2 days later it dropped to about 14 psi and has never gone up. Now it has dropped even lower. The first time the shop said nothing was wrong with the unit, that it was probally just the edge. Am I missing something here or is the air dog acting up on me. Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Maby you have a plugged pick up tube in the tank???

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Where is your FP sensor mounted?

·
Registered
450 Posts
check the gauge first I thought i was having problems too but it turned out to be the guage

if it is not the fp gauge then the fitting that was pre installed there is a spring behind that, you may have a week spring, remove the fitting and put some 5/8" washers in the whole as shims until you reach desired pressure i would start with 3 washers and go from there, but my best guess is your gauge is junk and not holding the air in the line that is what mine was doing so i went out and got a new gauge and it was at 18psi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts