Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats is better or should I say more reliable. I have a 12valve with a p-pump from industrial injection running 370 sticks with an aurora 5000. I kinda like them both with the literature i have read about them but I want to hear some opinions of ya'll before I spend some more money. :$: Any info would be greatly appriciated:thumbsup

·
Registered
449 Posts
This was a father/son operation years ago the the son split off to do his own thing, I would say they are virtually the same seeing as there was a falling out and copyright litigation following the split.

·
Registered
97 Posts
ive heard fass systems are louder than an airdog, not sure which is better tho.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cowbully
I have done research on both the FASS and Airdog. The Airdog is the original manufacture of the system. The FASS is larger and more expensive. The Airdog is about 500 bucks and the 100gpm and 150 gpm are the same price The Airdog is also smaller in size for mounting. Kyle at Xtreme Diesel has a nice side by side comparison of the FASS, Airdogg, and the Raptor. Here is the Link http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/xtreme-diesel-performance/56082-airdog-fass-comparison-pics.html
There was a post on here recently that people have had some issue with initial prime of the FASS. You can contact Gus at Farmboydiesel and Kyle at Xtreme Diesel as they commented about their issues. The Airdog has a lifetime warranty and James Warren from RSD told me the FASS does also. I have just done a lot of research on the products I am about to purchase to get an education. Especially with the costs I want to be 100% certain I am purchasing the right product. And I will be installing the Airdog.

·
Gone Fishing!!
2,793 Posts
If these are the only two pumps you want to buy my vote is for the Air Dog:thumbsup

·
Registered
242 Posts
yup... Airdog 150 here... rock solid fuel pressure, compact design, cheaper filters.. lifetime warranty... etc...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
what about for the HPFP equivalent?

·
Registered
602 Posts
The HPFP and the Raptor are similar products. Both now have lifetime warranty, both are now available in adjustable pressure regulator designs, and both follow very similar designs. Brad..... or Dad.....that is the question! I have spoken with both and find both men to be good people... but for right now... if the money drives the decision... you will be running a Airdog/Superdog or Raptor. I suspect that as Dad gets his product out on the market and gets a firm group of followers.... his prices should become very near to Brad's prices..... or Brad's prices will be forced down to be near Dad's...... one way or another, over the next year or so I expect to see the price gap level out.

I will say this with no reserve.... you will not be dissapointed in a Fass/HPFP OR a Airdog/Raptor. Both are very good quality products that will last a long time and perform as expected. Both have nicely put together kits with fittings, hose, pumps, and brackets. FASS/HPFP has nicer curb appeal.... it looks cooler!

Larry

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man oh man thanks so much for the info guys With all your feedback I will definitely get my 12V rolling:hyper:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts