Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Airdog 150 just arrived iv been looking through the installation process looks like its a fairly big job.... Anyone have any input or heads ups i should know about??
And also what do i do to get the proper fuel pressure reading though my juice module??

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
From what i have seen is it is easier if you lift the box off rather then drop the tank. Might take an extra set of hands but should only be 6 bolts and off it comes. As far as getting the readings through the edge i am not sure.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any other input on the edge part?

·
Registered
565 Posts
any other input on the edge part?
Take the fuel pressure sensor out of the fuel filter canister that came with your Juice/Att. The Airdog has a port of it on top of the unit, you just need to extend the wire harness from the Juice module to the airdog.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the fitting where the sensor plugged into it......so just unplug the sensor or the whole fitting and all?
And then just extend the wire and run it back to the airdog unit

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, My 99 probably is a little different than your 01?

Take a look at the picture of my fuel filter housing, The fuel pressure sensor on the top of the housing came with my Juice/att. Since the Airdog kit eliminates the stock fuel filter and housing, I was just going to use the fuel pressure sensor that came from Edge unit on my Airdog. The lead for the fuel pressure sensor that comes out of the Juice module is about 3 feet short from reaching the Airdog mounting spot on the frame rail, So I'd have to cut off the plug and extend the wiring to reach.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya your setup looks abit different but ill see if that will still work....hopefully

·
Registered
245 Posts
i just spliced a T fitting into the fuel line just before it gos into the VP and ran put my autometer sender there. I like pulling the pressure there because you the know exactly how much fuel pressure the vp's getting.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i just spliced a T fitting into the fuel line just before it gos into the VP and ran put my autometer sender there. I like pulling the pressure there because you the know exactly how much fuel pressure the vp's getting.
That's a good idea :thumbsup It's still low pressure at the pump so I'd be cool with doing that too! And we would not have to extend the harness.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So how do i get my edge sensor hooked into the t fitting??
And where did you get the t fitting

·
Registered
132 Posts
I drilled and tapped a hole in the 90 degree fitting that comes out of the vp44 and just put the pressure sensor from the edge right there (this was the idea given to me by the tech guy when I called pure flow). I have an 01 4x4 extended cab short bed and the pump set up would not fit between the tank and transfer case (found this out after routing lines, mounting, and trying to reinstall a 3/4 full tank so make sure you check to see if you have clearance) so I had to cut and reweld the bracket and mount it outside of the frame. I took pictures for you but just realized that my ancient cumputer doesnt have an SD slot and I cant find the cord for my camera,sorry. I would recommed removing the bed, I dropped the tank than couldnt tell where to mount the feed tube at so I think pulling the bed would have been a better way to go.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Pressure is Equal and Opposite in All directions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts