Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered 1 but have a question. it replaces the stock pump and filter housing right? dosent the factory filter housing have a fuel heater in it? what do you do about that?

can i unhook the feed line from the tank without droping it or raising the bed. it looks like it might be close.

thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you live in the south no heater will not be a problem. Not sure what effect it will have further north.

You will need to lift the bed a little to hook the supply hose up. while there install the return lines.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
i run all winter long without the factory heater hooked up there are no problems. you can reach up in there and disconnect the oem fitting if you are agile enough:thumbsup if not lift the bed slightly and it will be a breeze

John:beer

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
i run all winter long without the factory heater hooked up there are no problems. you can reach up in there and disconnect the oem fitting if you are agile enough:thumbsup if not lift the bed slightly and it will be a breeze

John:beer
:agree2: I've had mine since January and haven't had any problems so far. As far as the tank connection, you do have to stretch. If I can do it, anybody can! :thumbsup

·
Registered
287 Posts
On mine I installed the air dog and removed the stock filter housing and lift pump just unplugged the wires and filled them with liquid black tape no codes works fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just ordered AIRDOG FP 150. So you run just the AIRDOG FP 150 and remove lift pump and fuel filter but, leave fuel pump in tank. Do the instructions explain what to remove. Sorry, I am new with this.

Later,
Shane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts