Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, I've done several searches on here and other CTD forums. I will be purchasing an Air Dog 100 within a couple of weeks to a month. Narrowed it down from the FASS & GDP.

I have four diesel shops in my area. I called all four to get prices for everything out the door including install. 2 of the 4 sell Air Dogs and the others incuding one that sells Air Dog products sells the FASS.

I am hearing that w/ the draw straw you can have fuel trouble w/ 1/4 of a tank or less. One shop says they use the Jeep Liberty Cannister to eliminate the low fuel in the tank issue. The others had no idea of that and just use the straw and say don't run the tank low.

How reliable is the Jeep Liberty Cannister (anyone who done it)? Will just the straw installed be ok, just don't run the tank low? Seems if I go that route I lose fuel consumption and kinda a waste of fuel not to beable to use. If you get into a pinch in a long stretch of highway w/o fuel station.

Obviously if I go the Jeep Liberty Cannister route. It will cost me $92 more.

Any feedback.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
you don't need a straw with an AirDog 100, only the 150.

·
1,577 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm also looking into the air dog system but i feel the same as fireman i dont' want this low fuel problem as i do alot of travel with my trailer. and i do some times go below 1/4 tank. harvey have you had any problems with out the draw tube. and i'm planing on getting 90 hp stix in the future will the air dog 100 handle this mod.

·
1,577 Posts
I havent had any problems, the 100 simply does not need the bigger straw because of its flow rate. If I had a programmer, injectors, turbo, etc. then Id have to go to the 150 with a bigger straw.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you don't need a straw with an AirDog 100, only the 150.
Have you had any problems w/ the 1/4 tank issue?

I agree w/ you on saving money doing it myself, but somethings I rather pay someone to install it. I learned the hardway on somethings in the past that was over my head and did it myself. It went FUBAR.:rof

·
Registered
521 Posts

will the AD100 handle a mild box like a puck or a Quad 2 100hp? this mod is in my near future right after a good set of gauges:$:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told the AD 100 can handle up to 500hp.

·
1,577 Posts
Oops, let me back up for a second. I just realized you have an 05! you have the in-tank pump which DOES require the straw... Sorry for any confusion!!! as far as me having the 1/4 issue I don't because I an using the stock straw. Now, if you have it installed CORRECTLY by either lifting the bed or carefully lowering the tank you shouldn't have any problems with the 1/4 tank issue. If the tank is on the ground and it balloons from the weight from the fuel the straw will not fully "seat" at the bottom of the tank and when its reinstalled there is a gap between the straw and the bottom of the tank.

·
1,577 Posts

·
1,577 Posts
will the AD100 handle a mild box like a puck or a Quad 2 100hp? this mod is in my near future right after a good set of gauges:$:
you should be fine

·
1,577 Posts
i'm also looking into the air dog system but i feel the same as fireman i dont' want this low fuel problem as i do alot of travel with my trailer. and i do some times go below 1/4 tank. harvey have you had any problems with out the draw tube. and i'm planing on getting 90 hp stix in the future will the air dog 100 handle this mod.
the 100 will be ok for you but if you add on a programmer or turbo you might as well go with the 150. and you dont need a straw on 03-04.5 so you're ok there.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Oops, let me back up for a second. I just realized you have an 05! you have the in-tank pump which DOES require the straw... Sorry for any confusion!!! as far as me having the 1/4 issue I don't because I an using the stock straw. Now, if you have it installed CORRECTLY by either lifting the bed or carefully lowering the tank you shouldn't have any problems with the 1/4 tank issue. If the tank is on the ground and it balloons from the weight from the fuel the straw will not fully "seat" at the bottom of the tank and when its reinstalled there is a gap between the straw and the bottom of the tank.
F'in A!!! Thats exactly what is happening. :beer to you for fiquring that out. I have the 1/4 tank problem, but I still have my stock lift pump wired with a connector. If I get in a bind I just change back to the stock pump and I can run it to the next station. Simple 2min swap.

·
Registered
521 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts