Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are electronic ones to get for filling suspension air bags, there are also PTO versions for hydraulics, and the serpentine belt installations.

Curious what you guys are running. I want to install one so I can fill a small tank so I have pressure for train horns, filling the tires and the occaisional air tool when I need it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mad Dog
Best place to look is at an off road website. A lot of Surf Fishermen have set ups in their trucks for inflating tires. Check the following website SurfTalk - Your online fishing community! and do a search under the beach buggy forum for air systems. A look of guys have built systems using CO2 systems. Oasis makes a great system but its on the pricey side. Their website is Oasis Manufacturing

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
PA Cummins
2,780 Posts
I have a 5 gallon aluminum air tank from a Freightliner (it's where the muffler used to be) and I'd bought a Hadley compressor from NAPA ($189) & mounted it under the right rear seat. Then when I got my PacBrake I tied the two compressors together with an air manifold.:thumbsupThe pressure switch trips both relays, I get a 1.5-2 minute recovery time. The manifold's multiple ports allow for a manual fill valve, pressure gauge, lines, & quick coupler port + I have left-over ports available.:beer

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a Viar 380, 2.5 gal tank, and hammer 4 train horns. System works great!! I even use it to fill tires up and no problems there either. :thumbsup

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a Viair with a 1 gal and 130psi comp that blast two truck horns 24" and 27" long and are loud. You would need at least a 2.5gal tank to fill tires the gallon runs out too quick and you have to wait on the compressor. Would def buy again, but would get a bigger tank.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts