Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one has modified there factory air box/air cleaner to breathe more? Did you remove that plastic tube with the cross in the middle that is right before the intake go in too the turbo?

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
I was wondering if any one has modified there factory air box/air cleaner to breathe more? Did you remove that plastic tube with the cross in the middle that is right before the intake go in too the turbo?
you can but when you get a intake kit it gives you that section to replace. you can run open air box but i never done it

·
Registered
134 Posts
i drilled about 9000 5/16 holes in it

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I drilled a 4" hole in the bottom so the flange of the PSM intake kit would fit. I've seen a an ~ 50* reduction in EGT's with this mod and my filter minder never moves (not that I trust it)

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Dude how do you like the cool blue hose or whatever its called. It looks way better than my AFE Torque Tube and looks like a single piece from the airbox to the turbo, rather than a pipe with hose clamps on each end. What do you think? Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Let me tell you...
It was so dang easy to put on. Just make sure the motors cold was the trick. Turbo whistles so much I don't think I will have to worry about Deer anymore. The Wife says she will get used to it if it keeps the deer off the road. The dang thing is like a 1/4 inch thick and I don't see any way heat can build up to effect it. The PSM brings in air from the bottom along with the fender. It is suppose to help when towing but I have not pulled the boat since I got it. I went to the Buda Dyno pulls and with my aFe,DPP cool hose, PSM Cold air, Magnaflow replacement and CFM+ and the smarty Jr set on Performance (100) last pull was 394.74 and torgue was 712.55 and I got the sheet for proof. I am very pleased with the upgrades I have done to the truck. I also was running Amsoil Cetane and Lube to the Fuel

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Rock on dude. Who wants my AFE Torque Tube? I'll sell it to ya cheap!

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,566 Posts
Let me tell you...
It was so dang easy to put on. Just make sure the motors cold was the trick. Turbo whistles so much I don't think I will have to worry about Deer anymore. The Wife says she will get used to it if it keeps the deer off the road. The dang thing is like a 1/4 inch thick and I don't see any way heat can build up to effect it. The PSM brings in air from the bottom along with the fender. It is suppose to help when towing but I have not pulled the boat since I got it. I went to the Buda Dyno pulls and with my aFe,DPP cool hose, PSM Cold air, Magnaflow replacement and CFM+ and the smarty Jr set on Performance (100) last pull was 394.74 and torgue was 712.55 and I got the sheet for proof. I am very pleased with the upgrades I have done to the truck. I also was running Amsoil Cetane and Lube to the Fuel
would you be willing to help out a fellow texan on getting this set up on his 04.5 ?

:beer on me !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sure we could figure how to get this done. What all you wanting to do? I am over here on the other side of Austin from ya almost to Buda but not quite. Didn't see ya at the Dyno's I wanted to check out your mirrors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts