Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Air Bag System

• PacBrake

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Air Lift

• Firestone

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Other

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a set for my truck. I have only heard of 3 companies; PacBrake, Air Lift, and Firestone. I have only really compared the PacBrake and Air Lift but am wondering about all systems that may be available. I would like to add onboard air, maybe a 2.5 or 5 gallon tank along with controls for the air bags. I know nothing about air bags, and plan on doing the installation myself. I like the PacBrake set up and the onboard options, but Air Lift has a nice system too and a wireless remote. I would like to know opinions of anyone who has a system, or has done research on them; plus and minus's would be appreciated. The search function did not give me what I was looking for. Currently I am towing about a 10k set up, tractor and trailer. The ride is not to bad, but I have heard it can be better. I plan on adding an auxiliary fuel tank / toolbox combo and that is where I can put the 2.5 gallon tank or two. Any concerns on the pump and locations for it? I would assume heat will be an issue. I would prefer to keep the system in the toolbox area, our ranch roads are several miles long and dirt on top of that. Well, now I am rambling, thanks for any info and pics if available.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have the Firestone Setup with the Compressor as well as a 1 gal tank. Havent had to use the Aux tank yet but its sure handy to have. Being able to adjust the load on the fly is great as well as monitoring the bags.

·
Registered
267 Posts
fat fingered it

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the firestone riderites and i love'em don't have onboard air just yet doing it in phases as the :$: comes available. Took me abour 1.5 hrs to install half of that time chasing down my tools:CRY:

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
will they work on lifted trucks ?:w:

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
the Ride Rites are treating me great. My buddy has Air Lift, he swears they mounted better and are stronger but his brackets are already bent from loads. So i think i made the right decision with the Ride Rites.

·
Registered
461 Posts
A little research will show you that practically all air bags are made by one company. So why settle for second best? Really, the only difference is in the quality and method of the brackets and install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts