Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my ride rite air bag kit and they will not fit due to my exhaust. I just have a 4" MBRP Dual kit. It looks like on the passenger side the new exhaust is in the same place as the old factory kit. So what is the problem? Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump......

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
bump! bump!

·
Registered
365 Posts
aren't there two mounting locations specified with the kit?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 2299 ride rite kit, and it only has mounts for one location. From what I can tell, it looks like the only place it could go as well.
I don't have any pics, as I can't even get the bags close to in place. Looks like I am going to have to go with some custom exhaust work. But I would like to know if this is a common problem with aftermarket exhaust kits.

·
Registered
365 Posts
put them on top of the springs instead of next to them, there should be two locations that they can mount, the heavy duty mounting, and the light duty mounting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The kit only specifies one mounting location, which is beside the springs, and only gives the mounting hardware for that.

I looked to try and mount them on top of the springs and basically there is not enough clearance to get the bags between the top mount and the spring pack. The bags would have to flatten down to about the size of a pancake.:thud:

I really don't see a way to make them work without changing the exhaust.:CRY:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts