Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got airbags on their ride. Im going to put some in the rear of my truck. And was just wanting some feedback from people that have them. How they ride and all that type stuff.

Any info will be appreciated

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I've got a set, i don't see much difference in ride unless I've been hauling a backhoe and forget to let the air out of them after I unload and unhook the trlr. Normal driving I leave a few lbs. in them just to lift the rear about 1", seems to ride about the same.

·
Registered
14,896 Posts
I'm about to order a set for heavy hauling and I also understand that they have no affect on the ride unless, as already stated, you leave them aired up with no weight on them.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I have them, as mentioned above, if left aired up, and no load it will be rough, I also got a used semi air tank mounted under the pass side truck bed, and a mechanical controller (dual needle singel air gauge) that allows me to air up/ down from in the cab. with the tank aired up to 120-150psi, I get lots of use before needing to air up the tank, I could not justify the cost of getting on-board air, but the tank and controller only cost about 120$.as an added feature I installed an air quick disconnect that I can hook a spare air line to so I can air up a tire if I need to

·
Registered
634 Posts
I love mine made a night an day diff when hauling. Easy to install as well i thought. I just ran my air lines up into the foorboard in the cab an i have one of those little pumps that plugs into the cigarette lighter cost me like $15. just plug it in when im gettin loaded with hay an it takes about 3 min to air them up. also put an air gauge in my pillar pod when i put the rest of my gauges in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts