Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just put bags on it. could not for the life of me find a spot for the controller .. tell me what you think!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Banned
722 Posts
i put mine directly to the left of my brake controller.

·
Registered
706 Posts
"just put bags on it. could not for the life of me find a spot for the controller"

If you have the mechanical gauge and contoller I know what you mean. The one I got from Firestone would have fit nicely on the bottom of the dash in an older truck. The tubing is not very flexible making it difficult to mount just anywhere.

Your console looks like a great place.
Unfortunately that is not avalable on models with the fold down cup holder and an auto.

I ended up making a mount / cup for the gauge. I put the controls in the panel below the steering wheel.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
looks good....nice clean install :thumbsup

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
I think it looks great!

·
Registered
240 Posts
ballpark...what'd that set-up cost ya??? if you don't mind me askin.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
nice job. i couldnt do it though. I have a shifter in the way. Mine is mounted on that lip right about that though.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Looks good! :thumbsup

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i paid 370 for the kit.. did work myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mines on left side of dash brake controller on right side If i get in a wreck that way i will take out both legs 08 dually Like my bags pulls alot better with them

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
You paid 370.00 for the complete kit? compressor, bags guage and all? where at? sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya, from 4 wheel parts buddy has a shop so i think thats around a hundred buck cheaper

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
i just put mine in today, no pictures yeat but i will have some tomorrow. I have the switch where the Foot Pedal Switch is on the city truck version and the gauge in the pillar. What kit are yall running, i bought the Firestone Ride Rite, Firestone Compressor, and Single switch/gauge for 402 to the door.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have the dual controls with the Heavy duty compressor and the 1 gal. tank. All firestone. Payed 239 for the bags and 330 i think for the compressor and tank setup.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
CompCowboy,

for your next mod, a vacuum cleaner, carpet shampoo, and some wipes installed. She looks like she needs some TLC

·
Registered
991 Posts
nice install, looks clean

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just ordered my Firestone Air Bags. Hope they get in before friday so i can get them on before the next truck pull.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts