Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Aggressive mud tires

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  N of 60 
#1 ·
Looking for aggressive tires to be used in harsh conditions. Mud or in farm fields. Truck is used for family/work. I have been using Toyo mts in the past. I really like the pro comp xterrian but I am running stock rims on a ram 3500.
Just curious if another tire has done better or worse etc. Thanks for any input.
Custom farm drainage is my job if that helps

#2 ·
Can't really go wrong with Toyo or Nitto MT's. I had a set of Pro Comps on a previous truck and hated them. They rode like crap, were loud, and started cupping prematurely even with regular rotations and alignment in spec. I'd also look at BFG's.

#4 ·
Cooper ST MAXX. I've had several sets on work and personal trucks in the past with a lot of success. You'll get 60-70,000 miles with regular rotation. They perform extremely well on and off the highway. I will be getting a set when these ty firestones wear out on my 19.

#7 ·
I've had Toyo M/T in the past, loved them. When looking for tires for my 2016 w/ 20 inch wheels, I went with the Cooper STT Pro; based on reviews, M+S rating, and price (with the 295/60R20 size). Really happy with the Coopers at this point, wearing well with about 15,000 miles; would purchase again when looking for an M/T tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.