Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good aftermarket exhaust for my 89 w250? Thanks
preferably turbo-back

·
Registered
336 Posts
dud, go with the stan's kit! it goes on easy and sounds so amazing! you will really like the affect it gives ur truck

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much was the farmboys diesel?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Also, Poof what did you pay for the stans kit? What parts did you get? What was the shipping? Thanks!

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
Shipping on my Stan's kit run $75. It is a pretty good sized box. I also had the muffler with the kit. They offer a delete pipe also. The kit runs the same with the delete pipe.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Get the Stans kit.I've had mine on for about 2 weeks and freaking love it.And it's "the" only true 4in turbo back.Everybody other than Stan's has 3.5in down pipe.Shipping ran me $63.Good luck Ezra.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So stans 4in is worth the 500 dollars? And Ezra did you get the muffler or the delete pipe?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Go to the market place and request a price quote. I think you will beat the heck out of the $500 plus shipping. FBD has a kit that is half that and other than the fact that he sometimes takes a long time to get back to you I have never heard any complaints on his products.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got the muffler and its huge! it's a complete straight through but I will probably striaght pipe it later.But I would say it's worth it. I gained power..mpg's..and an awesome sound.:peelout

·
Registered
336 Posts
hey sorry guy's haven't been on in a while.. SOOOOO busy! the stans kit ran me 595 with shipping! but it was all worth it. I'm in MT Vernon Washington and so the shipping was only 50 bucks. the box was 73 lbs and is rather large! and like someone also said the muffler is hudge! But the kit sounds really nice. lots of turbo whistle.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Turbo Back?

And it's "the" only true 4in turbo back.
The only "true" 4" turbo back exhaust starts with something like an HX40 or an S300 turbo. Anything else coming off an H1C and the like immediately necks down to 3.25" or whatever the turbo outlet measures. Kinda dumb, really.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am in Ca. near S.F., Stans quoted me $494 plus $78 shipping. (3 months ago)
Source automotive just developed their 4" downpipe bolt on turbo back system today.
$535 plus $55 shipping. Complete bolt on kit, say you may have to cut a little out of your auto transmission cooler bracket to clear it.
bob

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Friend got a system with a custom downpipe from Source Automotive really good price and great kit.

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
say you may have to cut a little out of your auto transmission cooler bracket to clear it
The Stan's system doesn't have that problem.

·
Registered
151 Posts
stans is to much coaltrain is tryin to develop a 4 inch kit and they said it would be the same price as there kit now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts