Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Aftermarket trans cooler suggestion

686 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Kronic_187
Does anyone have an aftermarket trans cooler that has enough flow and fits in the same location as the stock one without major surgery? If so where did you get it?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
I found that increasing your oil volume does more good than a different cooler. Put on a ATS deep pan or make an auxillary storage tank and plumb the lines into it for additonal storage (that's what I did, the poor man's deep sump)

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is the fins on the stocker are all smashed. And the trans is blown so I don't want to have to flush out the old cooler. I'd buy a stock cooler but...

it's around $300 with shipping and more importantly it's backordered until sometime in June. With the bankruptcy I figure that could be even longer and I don't want the truck to sit around that long.

· Registered
346 Posts
Salvage yard? Radiator shop may be able to recon it then reinstall? Parts may not be available for some time. All the back orders have to be filled before you can get in line once production starts again!!

· Banned
1,559 Posts
flex-a-lite makes a direct replacement for the stock one with -8AN fittings when i swapped out my tranny to this BD one i did my Flexplate, torque converter, tranny, then ran stainless steel -8AN hose and fittings from the tranny to the remote filter (that came with the thing from BD for "warranty" BS) then to the cooler back to the tranny. I skipped running it back to the heat exchanger by the turbo.

locked up and cruising.... never much above 105 degrees in the pan

crusing around town it traffic. constant shifting. 150 in the pan

lugging up logging roads with my dirtbike in the back, in 4 hi flinging goo, around 160ish max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.