Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Aftermarket trailer brake install.

659 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  USMCord1
Hey guys, I have a 08 Dodge that I need to install the trailer brakes on. I already have the setup which came from another ride. My question is there a schematic or set of wires or even a plug that I can use to hook this up in the cab? The old setup had wires running underneath to the rear plug. The truck already has the plug from the factory. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
Alot of them have a plug you can get for your truck. What brand is your brake control module?

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure, bought it at Tractor Supply. I will be home in about a month and will see then. Is there a wiring harness that is in the cab that it would attach to?

· Registered
405 Posts
There is already a wiring harness there to just plug into. You will need to wire from your brake controller to it, I believe they even give you the wiring adapter from the factory usuallly with the owners manual. I bought a direct plug in harness for mine, so I didn't need the adapter. If you don't have the wiring adapter and need one when you go to put it in let me know and maybe I can help :thumbsup:

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, my wife picked one up at the dealer for $26 along with an oil change and air to one tire was $104. Can't wait to get home and take care of my own maint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.