Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well need a new set a tail lights now what you guys been running can you post some links or pics ford meets dodge they both lose:lol4:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey,

I dont have any pics yet but I bought these and really like them. I had recon before on my 07.5 and I like these better. Much easier install. all plug and play where recon I had to do all kinds of rigging to make them work since they are actually made for the 06 models. Maybe recon has changed them in the past year but as far as the quality of both, I cant tell a difference. I would go with these even if the price was the same do to such an easy install.

eBay Motors: 07-08 DODGE RAM 1500 2500 3500 LED RED CLR TAIL LIGHTS (item 190288292229 end time Feb-23-09 14:11:18 PST)

·
Registered
306 Posts
By the way, that sux about your truck

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buddys insurance is going to cover it so its no big deal

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I want those tail lights!!!! stupid exchange rate and duties.. Gotta wait till our dollar gets better against yours.

i mean the first set, and ya, damn that sucks about your new 09 gettin a smack so soon

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Ouch. Look at the bright side....this means mods!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have to tell the story...that really sux is it even over a month old yet?

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have to tell the story...that really sux is it even over a month old yet?
its alittle over amonth old, went to pull buddy out that was stuck and by the time I got there, the farmer that lived close by used his tracter, so meet him on the road, and he went to take off showing off and his back end slid away so the front end pointed right at my rear and he got and hooked the bumper, did alot more damage to his truck, but good thing is I get the bottom part rhino lined and new better taillights

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
its alittle over amonth old, went to pull buddy out that was stuck and by the time I got there, the farmer that lived close by used his tracter, so meet him on the road, and he went to take off showing off and his back end slid away so the front end pointed right at my rear and he got and hooked the bumper, did alot more damage to his truck, but good thing is I get the bottom part rhino lined and new better taillights
:doh: Bummer Nic

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bang up Nic. Post pics of when you get your tail lights and the bottom half Rhino Lined.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Recons tail lights are all plug and play now. I got about all of them.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hey,

I dont have any pics yet but I bought these and really like them. I had recon before on my 07.5 and I like these better. Much easier install. all plug and play where recon I had to do all kinds of rigging to make them work since they are actually made for the 06 models. Maybe recon has changed them in the past year but as far as the quality of both, I cant tell a difference. I would go with these even if the price was the same do to such an easy install.

eBay Motors: 07-08 DODGE RAM 1500 2500 3500 LED RED CLR TAIL LIGHTS (item 190288292229 end time Feb-23-09 14:11:18 PST)
I was looking into getting that kit considering they are about half the price of the Recon kit. I was just skeptical about the quality. Reading your post just sold me on it though. :beer

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was looking into getting that kit considering they are about half the price of the Recon kit. I was just skeptical about the quality. Reading your post just sold me on it though. :beer
you wont be dissapointed..:thumbsup: I also had the recon third brake light and they might as well had not put a cargo light in it. No where near bright enough to see the bed. Incase you were considering that light too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Those tailights are flat out awesome!! The '08s are finally growing on me.......I wish they had some of those modded up to see if they would look decent or not.

Otherwise, I might end up ewith the older style myself!!

Hey, post some pics when you guys get them mounted, please!!:headbang:

·
Alberta Northern VP
136 Posts
I want those tail lights!!!! stupid exchange rate and duties.. Gotta wait till our dollar gets better against yours.

i mean the first set, and ya, damn that sucks about your new 09 gettin a smack so soon
i got a set and there nice as hell

·
Registered
133 Posts
Those tailights are flat out awesome!! The '08s are finally growing on me.......I wish they had some of those modded up to see if they would look decent or not.

Otherwise, I might end up ewith the older style myself!!

Hey, post some pics when you guys get them mounted, please!!:headbang:
i got a set of the 08 style smoked i love them i will try to get some pics up

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just picked some out of magizine the autobody shop had cant remember the brand but the second link on here is what they looked like might even be them I will post up pics in a couple weeks when the truck is fixed

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well since I am a dealer for recon I decided to order them from the link earlier they actually have a 07-09 version so its the same thing just plug in play, truck should be going in next week to get fixed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts