Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a email back from Banks regarding smog, thought it was kinda nice but they sent me a website of manufacturer parts that will be and should be considered to be "smog legal" and not fail a test

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/products_in_progress_list.pdf

Here is the letter.

Hello Daniel,

Your email has been received and forwarded to Tech Support for a response.

We have submitted our products for emissions certification and they are currently pending approval. Once our products have been approved their E.O. (Executive Order) numbers will be posted on the Bureau of Automotive Repair’s website at Bureau of Automotive Repair, State of California, Dept. of Consumer Affairs or on CARB’s website at Welcome to the California Air Resources Board. Based on our test results during the research and development process, we are confident that our products will meet or exceed all emissions standards.

All products that have not received an E.O. number to date have been put on a “Products in Progress” list. Any product on this list should not be scrutinized by the smog testing facility. The “Products in Progress” can be found at this link Database: Aftermarket Parts Database of Executive Orders

We hope this information clears up any confusion that you might have had regarding this issue.

Regards,

Technical Support Group

Email Response Team

Gale Banks Engineering

546 Duggan Avenue
Azusa, CA 91702
Phone (626) 969-9600

Toll Free (800) 438-7693
Visit us on the web: Banks Power | Diesel Performance and Gas Performance Products

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,321 Posts
good info. should be a sticky.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I posted that link the day I got it on page 116 of the Ca Diesle Smog thread.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted that link the day I got it on page 116 of the Ca Diesle Smog thread.
that is also good to know.. I haven't been able to keep up with some of those large threads...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You still haven't brought me your truck dude! Are still busy being unemployed or just being lazy, or just fighting the system and not wanting to do it? LOL J/K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts