Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if there is any aftermarket nav sysyem that could retain the steering wheel controls or u-connect system, I know im probably hoping for too much

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, you should be able to get an adapter for it. My buddy did that with his Bonneville; replaced the headunit and got another brain or whatever so the steering wheel controls would still work. I've never looked into the nav systems, but I would alost put money on it that they can do the same thing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes they should be able to do the same thing. It normally works through infra-red then.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yes you can!!!!!!!! If you need the part #s pm me. With the year and model. And the deck model #. If you need the parts I have them in stock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.M. Sent for some info, Thanks

·
Banned
885 Posts
I have alpine in my truck...stick with get vert

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had a Pioneer AVIC Z-2 with XM Traffic, Bluetooth, backup camera, and a 6 disc changer installed in my truck. I had the stock Infiniti system which actually made it more difficult. I had to bring it back twice while the trouble shot issues with the infiniti amp engaging onstart up (sometimes it did not). The install was very nice. The 6 disc changed is in the compartment below the center seat in the front. My installer used PAC products for the steering wheel interface (SWI-CAN2) and the radio interface (SWI-PS). Installation into the CAN-BUS systems is not easy especially with all the bells and whistles that systems have on them today. Having said that, now that it is all working, man it is awesome. Much better than any, any stock system. I highly recommend the AVIC Z-2 and they can be had for pretty good deals now. There is a Z-3 coming out soon but it is basically bold-new-graphics.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
pretty sure but the Z-3 has been out for a while. At least a month or so ago it was out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts