Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get an afermarket head unit to replace my stock cd player. I want one that has NAV, DVD, and Sirius. DO any of you have one like this, and how does it work with the U-Connect feature that is on my rearview mirror? Also how hard are they to install?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I would get the factory unit....that is what mine came with and it is great....installation would be a breeze then

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
I have the Avic D3 I really like it. Has DVD Nav Ipod AV2 to run a second dvd and screen in the back, XM Sirus, And blue toothe. I have a pic in my truck pics and a couple posted on here, just do a search on AVIC D3

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I have a kenwwood dnx-7100 it has dvd, bluetooth, cd, ipod, hd radio, tv/satelite tv. capable of running an outside dvd player for rear. Dual zone speakers for listening to something different in back and up front. Garmin is the nav. sofware. I love it. Paid to have mine installed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have the factory NAV. Super easy installation, just plug it in and go. Works with my factory UConnect, Steering wheel controls, Sirius etc.

I also burned a new DVD with a patch applied that allows full use of the NAV while driving. That allows a passenger to look things up, change routes etc. without having to pull over and stop.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Pioneer Avic-D3 and love it. Had to get the factor nav dash piece and it looks great. bluetooth, DVD, NAV, anything you'll need for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Which one of these is right for my truck? and do they have Sirius and display the song info? is the Nav software as good as the aftermarket units you can buy, like the tomtom?

eBay Motors: DODGE RAM JEEP CHRYSLER RB1 AM FM CD DVD NAVIGATION OEM (item 130228108648 end time Jun-10-08 23:05:48 PDT)

eBay Motors: Dodge Ram Factory Navigation w/ 6 disc unit (item 320259284736 end time Jun-09-08 16:06:26 PDT)
2nd one is. There are quite a few on EBay. You want the REC model, not RB1. The newer the revision the better. The latest map DVD is the AF revision which came out a couple months ago.

You'll need the REC unit, Antenna and DVD. I did not install the antenna in the factory location. Instead I stuck it on top of the duct work behind the stereo. Didn't feel like removing dash panels etc. Easy install and it works great.

If you have the capability to burn DL DVD's you'll want to download the patch that allows full use of the NAV while in motion from carhack.org.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will I need to buy the factory NAV dash piece. I just have the single CD unit now

·
Registered
316 Posts
Will I need to buy the factory NAV dash piece. I just have the single CD unit now
Yes. The NAV requires the larger opening found with the factory NAV Bezel. Try United Radio or EBay if your local dealers price is too high. They are available in a handful of colors. I opted for the carbon fiber. I've seen prices range from $60-$150 depending on source.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check out the Kenwood DNX-8120. I just put one in this weekend and it is great. Built in bluetooth, Garmin NAV, plays DVD's. All I had to do to disable the DVD in-motion feature is ground one wire. I got rid of my REC because I wanted a touchscreen.

Charlie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts