Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was bored and just reading about the TAG. Not a believer. Anybody have one? and did it increase 1-4 mpg while towing like it says? I think most of these aftermarket gimmicks are hilarious. I get a kick out of these people that say I just installed Brand A, air filter and gained 3 mpg. Sorry fellas but I am a sceptic about people's mpg claims. I know a lot of people who drive these trucks for a living and know what they get for mileage. Anybody claiming much over 21-22 at most, save your fingers some typing! Love reading the posts--Just got 28 mpg drivin through Big Hillbilly Mountain Pass...etc. What is your biggest aftermarket gimmick disappointment? BTW, I did not start this thread to bash any vendors or start any arguments. Remember, I gained 6.8 mpg with my "Bad To The Bone" bumper sticker. I just didn't put it in my sig becuz I don't want to make anyone jealous. J/K. Thanks.

·
Banned
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has a TAG?

G

·
:lol3:

The reason I joined was to find out exactly what you asked! Maybe You and I can figure it out.

I have an '07.5. And as you probably know, the MPG stinks. So I am looking for all the same info you are.

I can tell you, I put a K&N on my 04 5.9. All that did was lower the exhaust temp 50 degrees nad make the truck run a tad stronger. Lower exhaust temp for towing was my goal in the first place.

I installed a Quadzilla box on it too. I can't say it did anything for me other than more power. It sent my overhead out into space. It was 5 MPG high from the actual.

Now I am hearing the 6.7's are actually getting better mileage with a box. All I know is I am getting 13 and frankly want to buy back my old truck. Darned Tree Huggers

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
we were trying everything to get better mileage we rigged up a one gallon Pyrex tube in the cab with a tape measure hooked to it to see fuel usage the afe stage 2 lost about 7%over stock towing we destroyed the baffles in the elbow trying to get them out to test the stage 1 we lost more mileage with them out they were straightening vanes for the turbo after pricing new ones we decided to try the tag the tag works better than stock while towing but will become restriction somewhere above 400 hp , i have a pile of afe and airaid junk we ended up with psm kit cool hose and tag looks like this combo gave us about 0.1 to 0.2 mpg increase towing at 65 mph 21,000 lbs

·
Registered
180 Posts
we were trying everything to get better mileage we rigged up a one gallon Pyrex tube in the cab with a tape measure hooked to it to see fuel usage the afe stage 2 lost about 7%over stock towing we destroyed the baffles in the elbow trying to get them out to test the stage 1 we lost more mileage with them out they were straightening vanes for the turbo after pricing new ones we decided to try the tag the tag works better than stock while towing but will become restriction somewhere above 400 hp , i have a pile of afe and airaid junk we ended up with psm kit cool hose and tag looks like this combo gave us about 0.1 to 0.2 mpg increase towing at 65 mph 21,000 lbs
Can you give me some idea what increase in MPG you got with the cfm+ and the cold air intake if any??

Thanks
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts