Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some help from those that have installed an insert on a 2013...

On the pre-13's, there was a little notch (for lack of a better term) you could use as a reference for trimming the crossbars out. On the 13's the top and bottom of the crossbar are flush.

Can anyone provide some help in where to trim on the 13 so that it sits flush?

Here is a pic showing the area that I am talking about...

If anyone took pics of the install process that would be :thumbsup:

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have any guidance on the install of these inserts on a '13+?

Thanks

· Registered
101 Posts
I have a 13 Outdoorsman w/painted grille and honeycomb inserts. I wanted to change up the front because to me something was missing. I ordered a billet insert and it did not fit. So I took the grille off and had to tweek the insert to fit. It was alot of trim here trim there to get it to fit but it worked.
before:

After:

· Premium Member
147 Posts
I'm looking for some help from those that have installed an insert on a 2013...

On the pre-13's, there was a little notch (for lack of a better term) you could use as a reference for trimming the crossbars out. On the 13's the top and bottom of the crossbar are flush.

Can anyone provide some help in where to trim on the 13 so that it sits flush?

Here is a pic showing the area that I am talking about...

If anyone took pics of the install process that would be :thumbsup:

I just installed my Royalty Core last weekend, personally I would rather have kept the stock grille. From a distance it looks great, up close is a different story. Impossible to get it to sit recessed in or even flush.

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Royalty Core should be here next week, so I should have an answer soon.
If you could, take lots of pics of how and where you cut. It will help me for when mine gets installed.

Good luck with the install.

· Registered
388 Posts
I have a 13 Outdoorsman w/painted grille and honeycomb inserts. I wanted to change up the front because to me something was missing. I ordered a billet insert and it did not fit. So I took the grille off and had to tweek the insert to fit. It was alot of trim here trim there to get it to fit but it worked.
before:

After:
Wow that's a great looking insert! Nicely done. Mind sharing the details on it? Vendor Part3, where you bought it? Thanks so much!

Reactions: tat2thor

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update...

I was able to get my royalty core custom grille installed. The install went well...or at least well enough.

I will post better pics when the truck is clean and it's not -30 outside.

· Registered
874 Posts
Update...

I was able to get my royalty core custom grille installed. The install went well...or at least well enough.

I will post better pics when the truck is clean and it's not -30 outside.

I sure like the bottom LED light area in the grille. The whole thing looks interesting, not sure if I love it or not mainly because I do love the cross point symbolizing the RAM truck front end.
Moose

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I'm going to put the original Ram grille emblem to see how it looks.

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I decided to put the Ram emblem back on... I think it looks better. :thumbsup:

· Registered
141 Posts
did you need to cut your crossbar? or does it go in front?

· Registered
141 Posts
so it was cut out?
then the grill overlaps where the cut was made?

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so it was cut out?
then the grill overlaps where the cut was made?
Yes...I had to cut the grille out. The pre 13's had a little notch on the top and bottom so the grill would mount against it.

The 13+ does not have this notch so you have to mount the grill so that it ends up flush with the grill and covers the cut edge (as best as you can).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.