Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I can't help you with that, but I do wonder why they have such a big gap between the bumper the and headlights. Maybe that bumper was not made for the ram.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I do wonder why they have such a big gap between the bumper the and headlights.
First thing I thought as well. That fitment leaves a LOT to be desired.

I couldn't identify that exact bumper. Closest bumper I could find in terms of looks was a Kelderman bumper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's. A 05 with 06 front clip so I'm thinking that is why, picking th truck up next Saturday will modify bumper mounts to get rid of that gap.

Just curious on manufacturer to see what all they might offer to fill that center opening etc

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I don't think modifying the mounts will fix the issue. You can't really move the bumper up because the grille is in the way.

Reactions: AdamRRT and krashDH

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Coming from a guy with 04 headlights, an 06+ grille, I don't think that bumper would fit EITHER trucks well at all. The spacing is too wide for a standard 03-05 front end. That gap under the headlights will still exist for both the 03 + headlights and the 06+ headlights.
That bumper to me looks like it wasn't even meant for the ram. Modified the mounts to make it work most likely.

My best internet guess.

Here's a link to my documentation of all this (my bumper build is linked n the thread as well)

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
18 Posts
Coming from a guy with 04 headlights, an 06+ grille, I don't think that bumper would fit EITHER trucks well at all. The spacing is too wide for a standard 03-05 front end. That gap under the headlights will still exist for both the 03 + headlights and the 06+ headlights.
That bumper to me looks like it wasn't even meant for the ram. Modified the mounts to make it work most likely.

My best internet guess.

Here's a link to my documentation of all this (my bumper build is linked n the thread as well)

Do you remember what bumper that is on your 04?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Reactions: NCWsp00lr
1 - 9 of 9 Posts