Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
to give you a couple ideas....

and the bumper i currently have, Thunderstruck, very well built, sturdy, and reinforced. I like it, and it matches my truck better. Also, i did just check their website, the 13+ bumpers do have the option for the front sensors. I'm very happy with the looks and build of mine, plus it is a modern design, that isn't what everyone else has on their truck

Dodge 2500 Elite Series 2013+ Diesel | Thunderstruck Bumpers

What does the back side of that thunderstruck look like? I see the description on their website says 1/8" tread plate or 10 ga smooth steel formed onto a 3/8 frame. I'm interested to see that 3/8 framework.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
I got a bumper from hardcore Offroad llc out of PA I?m happy with it. I?ve hit a deer with it already only a small dent on the lower portion. I had mine color match linex coated.
That's an in control bumper. The RH's belong on the front of a train to me.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,046 Posts
What does the back side of that thunderstruck look like? I see the description on their website says 1/8" tread plate or 10 ga smooth steel formed onto a 3/8 frame. I'm interested to see that 3/8 framework.
I'll try and snap a picture in the next day or two, it was pretty well reinforced, i was impressed for a mass market bumper to be built this way

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I'll try and snap a picture in the next day or two, it was pretty well reinforced, i was impressed for a mass market bumper to be built this way
Good to know. I recently bought an Iron Cross Low Profile bumper and ended up sending it back. Loved the look, but I don't think it's heavy enough (gauge of steel and reinforcing) to take a deer hit. I want it functional, and for more or less a glorified light bar; it was way over priced in my opinion.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,046 Posts

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
I had an Aluminess and really liked its low weight. Never did deer test it, though.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I considered that one with the bull bar but read it didn't work well with sensors; do you have sensors do they work with this?

i do not have sensors, it does have the holes for sensors and they provided some nice plugs for it. that's all i could offer for info

21 - 30 of 30 Posts