Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

after sitting 2 yrs truck wont start

1006 6
So I am in the process of restoring a 1990 1 ton non I/C 4wd w/ 5speed. about 6 months ago i took the injection pump apart (just the top half) and put in a new govenor spring, old smokie fuel pin, and put news seals and o-rins in wherever i could. All fuel lines were also replaced. now that it is time to start the truck, It will crank and start, but then it will die immediatly. I pressurized and Bled the fuel system and there is good fuel spray at the injectors,but it still wont run. Any suggestions?

Also I cant seem to remember how much I turned in the Fuel screw, and of course now the engine is painted so I cant find my markings. Is there any way to tell where the stock position is?:confused013:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
92 d350 xcab flatbed 5spd. 04 2500 QCSB 4x4 built auto. All over 500k mi
614 Posts
How old is the fuel? ALso, you may need to get the injectors cleaned out and reset. I have had a few sets that were on the shelf 6mo that wouldnt pop on the stand.

Dan

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Did you index your throtle right when you put it back together?

· Registered
323 Posts
Try using some throtel when starting, see if you can keep it going
\

· Registered
209 Posts
Hay adam the throtle could be off I didn't think of that. If you want some help this weekend give me a call.
Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.